Many students dream to be a student leader because student leaders are known as one of the most prominent names in the campus. Student leader often receive more privileges than the standard student but being one is not easy because if you are a student leader, people expect more from you.
Being a student leader requires responsibility, determination, perseverance and the ability to deal with fellow students with confidence. You need to be knowledgeable in everything you do because as a student leader, you are accountable to outcome of your doings.
To help you succeed more and perform better as a student leader, I want to share you the following tips that I read which are also applicable for the students who belong to a club or extra curricular groups:
- Do what you do best.
- Focus on a few things.
- An event is not over until everything is put away and everyone is thanked.
- Communicate in such a way that people do not just hear you, but in a way that they actually respond to what you’re saying.
- If you do it all yourself, then you are not leading anyone.
Integrity is not a personality trait.
- Sometimes you meet your expectations, so keep them high.
- Be on the lookout for someone to take your place.
- Your greatest opportunities to lead may lie at the point of someone else’s frustration.
- The ultimate failure is the failure to finish.
I got the above tips from Studentlinc and I really like all of them because they are not just a simple tips but a very insightful words that are useful in our daily living.